ENP-084 Rev. D June 29, 2020
This manual is a supplemental guide for public safety first responders to compressed natural gas (CNG) or liquefied natural gas (LNG) vehicle fuel system incidents.
It does not cover response tactics for liquefied petroleum gas (LPG or propane) or CNG vehicle fuel systems using Type 1 or Type 2 CNG cylinders.
This manual is not intended to replace any formal training on the proper response techniques, tactics, or procedures for responding to alternative fuel vehicle (AFV) accidents or incidents.
Always consult the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) and your own training programs for the latest information and best practices for CNG and LNG emergency response.
Table of Contents
1. Compressed Natural Gas and Liquefied Natural Gas Facts
2. Identifying CNG and LNG Vehicles
3. CNG Vehicle Cylinders and Fuel Systems
4. CNG Pressure Relief Devices (PRDs)
5. CNG Fuel Management Module (FMM)
6. CNG Vehicle Emergency Response
6.1. If a CNG Vehicle is Damaged or a Gas Leak Is Discovered
6.2. In Case of a CNG Vehicle Fire
7. LNG General Information
8. LNG Vehicle Emergency Response
8.1. If an LNG Vehicle is Damaged or a Gas Leak is Found
8.2. In Case of an LNG Vehicle Fire
9. References and Additional Information
© 2022 Hexagon Agility Inc. All Rights Reserved.
HEXAGON® and AGILITY® are Registered in U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
Hexagon Agility Proprietary Statement